Technical Curriculum Developer
Location | Denver, CO preferred; remote candidates will be considered.
Reports to | Chief Technical Officer
The content library we are currently building/refining includes:
Modern Tech Skills
- Intro to Computers (history, components of a computer, how they work, understanding the internet)
Modern Tools (Zoom, Slack, Social Media, Google Drive, Google Slides, PPT, Cloud tools)
Front End Web Development
Back End Web Development
- MySQL, PostgresSQL, Python
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Three years or more of experience creating content or designing educational materials for adult education, with a focus on technical skills, including software development
- One + year(s) of experience as a Technical Product Manager, Instructor, Software Engineer, or Teaching Fellow/TA in a coding bootcamp
- A portfolio of examples of stimulating self-paced learning opportunities, writing samples, and effects on the end goals
- Ability to easily grasp technological tools and communicate complex and challenging information to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent verbal, written, and grammatical skills
- Excellent ability to manage and resolve tactical conflicts
- Excellent time management capabilities, as well as the ability to efficiently plan and prioritize activities
- Graphic design, screencasting, and/or audio capture experience is a bonus
- Capacity to work autonomously with minimal supervision and to interact with a diverse team
- Work with subject matter experts to outline course material around explicitly defined learning goals.
- Create and manage asynchronous classes, instructional recordings, graphics, simulations, and tests as well as other interactive learning material.
- Create succinct and effective instructional video scripts.
- Effectively partner with the Instructional design team, subject matter experts, and other team members to develop immersive learning materials for current and established programs spanning a broad variety of topics.
- Turn professional learning goals into relevant teaching resources for beginner to experienced students
- Ability to work individually and simultaneously oversee several tasks and programs
- Identify process, method, and tool optimizations, as well as documentation improvements, to ensure that high-quality information is provided in the most reliable and responsive way possible.
- Analyze data to determine patterns in the output of material in order to drive future development efforts
- Ensure effective stakeholder management by prioritizing and reviewing operations activities and programs cross-team
- Develop course material that fulfills the mission of educating Justice Reskill learners.
Salary + Benefits
This position is being considered as a Contract or Full Time role. The Contract salary is TBD. The annual salary for the Full Time role is $65,000 - 75,000. Justice Reskill offers health, dental and vision benefits, a 401k plan and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Justice Reskill values a diverse, inclusive workplace and strongly encourages justice-involved, women, people of color, LGBT folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Justice Reskill is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
How to Apply
If you’d like to part of this amazing journey, we welcome you to apply now. If you have any questions or need any special accommodations, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be accepting applications for this role until the end of April with an intent to make a hiring decision in May. The interview process will entail a combination of email, phone, and video correspondence as well as a paid project to assess your work product for final candidates.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use.